Acupuncture utilizes the ancient tradition of Chinese medicine and the belief that organ systems are connected through out the body in pathways called meridians. Acupuncture needles can be inserted into specific areas along the meridians. Shoulder pain for example can be treated by acupuncture, or needles can be placed in accordance with the meridian pathways to support fertility. These meridians either bring energy too, or away from, the organ affected.
HOW CAN ACUPUNCTURE HELP YOU?
Acupuncture is well recognized within the medical profession for the treatment of pain, sports injuries, fertility, and many chronic conditions. We also offer cosmetic acupuncture, a treatment therapy that slows down ageing and rejuvenates the skin. Sessions are usually given once a week over a series of weeks.
Meet our Two Acupuncturists:
Austin Wei is a BC registered acupuncturist, as well as a CTCMA (College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of British Columbia) member.
He comes from a family of medical practitioners and so possesses a well fostered passion for helping patients overcome illness or physical impairments.
While he appreciates traditional acupuncture, he is not behind in terms of the latest developments and approaches to it. Austin is experienced in the newest cosmetic approaches to acupuncture, however despite being adept in these services his first concern is always his patient’s health and wellbeing. He is full of passion, will happily address any of your concerns, and hopes to let you live your life to the fullest.
Austin’s therapies include:
- Cosmetic Acupuncture:To slow down the process of aging and to rejuvenate your skin, meanwhile optimizing your health.
- Traditional Acupuncture:For Hormone balancing (menopause and perimenopause),back, neck and shoulder pain, numbness & tingling, digestive issues, limited or reduced mobility, sports Injuries, and swelling & chronic Edema.
- Cupping:To release stress, improve your quality of sleep, and refresh your energy for the next day.
Youna is a Registered Acupuncturist in British Columbia, and a member of CTCMA (College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of British Columbia). She has done further training in Allergy elimination techniques and Auricular Medicine. Her treatment consists of a twelve meridians diagnosis and a whole body health analysis.
Youna works with a wide range of health conditions, but not limited to,
• Pain syndromes including joints & muscle pain
• Women’s health including PMS, infertility, and menopause
• Allergies to food and environment (Youna uses a non-invasive, drug free, natural solution to alleviate food & environmental sensitivities—-“Many people suffer from “hidden” allergies and sensitivities – reaction to many things in their daily lives that don’t produce typical allergy symptoms, such as tearing eyes, runny nose or sneezing. These hidden allergies and sensitivities though are one very important underlying factor in health.”)
• Seasonal allergies including itchy-watery eyes, itchy throat, running nose, and sneezing
• Digestive health
• Mental health including anxiety and depression
• Stress & Insomnia
• Skin health including eczema
• Eye health including dry eyes and age related eye disorders
Edgemont Naturopathic Clinic
No Down Time
Your Treatment requires no down time, patients often report feeling better within 24 hours
Covered by Extended Health Plans
BlueCross, ManuLife, Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance, CINUP, COWAN, Dejardins, First Canadian, Great West Life, Industrial Alliance, Johnson Inc., Johnston Group Inc., Maximum Benefit, and SunLife Financial all offer complete or partial coverage for set amounts of acupuncture treatments per calendar year
Drug Free Approach Complementing Many Therapies
There are no contraindications for acupuncture, please inform the clinician if you are pregnant as this will change the treatment plan.
Book your first consultation with us!
Let us help you "Get your life back, not your symptoms."™